We started a new IOR (Importer of Record) service for Food/Kitchen Tools, Tumblers, Cutlery, etc.
As we mentioned “ACP’s limitation”, non-resident entity is not able to import any food-related tools by using ACP, because of Food Sanitation Act.
Therefore, for these items, ACP Japan becomes IOR and supports clients to import on their behalf.
Necessary steps to import Food related items
- Client to send ACP Japan the specification documents of the products, including photos and used material information.
- ACP Japan to check whether the products are required for inspection or not.
- Client to send a sample of the products to the inspection center in Japan.
- ACP Japan to proceed with the inspection procedure.
- Once the inspection is done, prior to each shipment, ACP Japan to submit the application to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
- Client to send the goods to Japan, ACP Japan to act as IOR to complete import clearance.
Requirement for shipper/seller
Shipper/seller of the products shall be responsible for all the relevant laws for sales, such as labeling of the product.
For details please look through the guideline of “Guide to Import of Apparatuses for Food“.
- Professional of Customs and International Trade – The CEO, as a Certified Customs Specialist in Japan – Mr. Sawada has been providing consulting services in the Trade & Customs area for many years. He was in a management position at KPMG, then started with his own company – SK Advisory to continue the customs-related services to the international clients.
- Fully compliance in accordance with Japanese Customs Law – Maintaining the service quality with full compliance with Japanese Customs Law. ACP Japan is capable to manage all the necessary import compliance issues, including the classification of HS code, and setting of the appropriate Customs Valuation of the import goods to Japan.
- Experienced and credible partner – As ACP Japan has been providing ACP services to many clients as demand has increased, you can totally rely on us as a credible partner. We registers 40+ ACP customers every year, the customers from around the world. In this way, all customers successfully became non-resident IOR – Importer of Record in Japan. You can see a list of our customers in here “Experiences”.
- Qualified ACP service provider in Amazon SPN (Service Provider Network) – ACP Japan has officially become a qualified ACP service provider in Amazon’s Service Provider Network (SPN) under the Compliance category.