What is ACP? – Attorney for Customs Procedure
In principle, Japan Customs does not permit foreign entities to act as the Importer of Record (*IOR).
*The IOR is the entity responsible for the import of the goods to Japan and will be responsible for all the Customs duties and taxes.
However, even such a foreign entity can act as a non-resident importer (IOR), if you appoint an ACP (Attorney for Customs Procedure) who can handle the customs procedure on your behalf. We, ACP Japan provide this service as being ACP. On behalf of a non-resident clients we support by ensuring the import customs procedure.
We support many import projects including E-commerce such as Amazon’s FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) program and Rakuten for the international sellers. Please feel free to contact us!
You can also check our YouTube video, explaining the what ACP is.
Our ACP service (basic service line-up)
ACP Japan’s strength is that we, qualified customs specialists, also have been experienced many ACP projects including Amazon FBA, for sure we can support as ACP on behalf of your importing goods to Japan. The examples of the ACP services, but not limited :
- The preparation works for ACP Application to a certain Japan Customs Office
- Facilitate consultation with Japan Customs Office to obtain the ACP approval
- Communication with stakeholders such as Logistics provider and Customs Office on behalf of a non-resident client, to ensure the goods can be safely importing.
- Prepare the documentations for the calculation of Customs Value (Customs Valuation Formula), in accordance with an appropriate compliance under the Japan Tariff Customs Law.
- Documents keeping, required under the article 95 – Japan Customs Law
How we proceed the works
Step.1) Please send us information through the contact form, regarding:
- The website (URL link) or catalogue of the exact goods planning to import to Japan.
- Approximate volume, varieties, shipping frequency of the goods to import to Japan.
Step.2) ACP Japan to submit quotation and scope of works, for a specific client. Step.3) Once the client agrees with the quotation, we’ll proceed signing of a service agreement between us. Step.4) Then, we’ll start preparation of documentation regarding ACP application. The documents we need to prepare are, for instance, power of attorney, a certificate of company registry, the calculation formula of the customs valuation. Step.5) Once set of documentations prepared, we will start communication with Japan Customs Office to obtain an approval of ACP.
Why ACP Japan?
- Professional of Customs and International Trade
- Fully compliance in accordance with Japanese Customs Law – Maintaining the service quality with fully compliance with Japanese Customs Law, including setting of the appropriate Customs Valuation of the import goods to Japan.
- Experienced and credible partner – As we have been experiencing to provide ACP services to many clients as demand has been increasing, you can rely on us as a credible partner.
- Qualified ACP service provider in Amazon SPN (Service Provider Network – We have officially become a qualified ACP service provider in Amazon’s Service Provider Network (SPN) under the Compliance category.
Our Tax Representative service (optional)
We, ACP Japan provide one-stop services by supporting as ACP and Tax Representative for Japanese Consumption Tax (JCT) issues. We provide following services by collaborating with a Tax Accountant to ensure the all the service to be served in accordance with Tax Laws.
- Support notification to become a taxable company for Japan Consumption Tax.
- Support notification of tax representative appointment.
- Support preparation/submission of the JCT return.
- Communication with stakeholders including National Tax Office.
- Cash handling support (e.g. Payment of the JCT to National Tax Office)