ACP, is not capable to handle all kinds of goods.
If the goods are subject to specific regulations such as Food Sanitation Act, Act on Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, or PSE/PSC it shall not allow to import by appointing ACP.
The said regulations have a requirement for the importers should be a Japanese resident entity. On the other hand, if a non-resident entity uses ACP for their import, it means that the non-resident entity becomes an importer. For that reason, for particular products that are subject to the previously mentioned regulations, it does not allow to import by appointing ACP.
Therefore, we check the eligibility as a first step, to avoid any restrictions for the importing goods.
Japanese import related regulations
Let us introduce several websites regarding import related regulations, so that you can understand and follow the required compliance before shipping goods to Japan.
- Japan Customs Office: List of import-related laws and regulations
- Mipro (Manufactured Imports and Investment Promotion Organization) : Guide to Safety Assurance for Products Imported to Japan
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare: Food Sanitation Law
- Mipro (Manufactured Imports and Investment Promotion Organization) : Importing Health Foods
- Mipro (Manufactured Imports and Investment Promotion Organization) : Guide to Food Import
- Mipro (Manufactured Imports and Investment Promotion Organization) : Guide to Import of Apparatuses for Food
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare: Import medicines for personal use
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry: PSE (Electrical Appliances and Materials Safety Act)
Plants and their seeds
- Japan Customs Office: Import restrictions in accordance with the Plant Protection Law
We’re a reliable ACP service provider for Amazon FBA’s seller
In recent, we’ve been supporting many import projects of goods related to the Amazon-FBA program. If you are looking for a reliable ACP service provider, please let us know.
Guidance by Amazon
According to the seller central website in Amazon, there is a guidance by Amazon that non-resident entity needs to appoint an ACP or IOR. You may check on this “Non-resident requirements”. Also, you can check the document developed by Amazon “Understand ACP and IOR guidance”. —–