As we receive questions often what the difference between ACP and IOR, prepared this page to help you understand ACP and IOR.

What is IOR – Importer of Record

When you export goods to Japan, for import, there must be an Importer of Record (IOR) in place. The importer, in principle, shall be a Japanese resident person/entity who’s responsible for taxes, customs duties, and all the compliance issued regarding Japanese laws and regulations for the imported goods.

If you (non-resident shipper) already find an anyone/entity in Japan that can be the IOR, the importer can proceed the import procedures in Japan side. But please make sure the importer agrees to be the IOR, since as said, the IOR should be responsible for all the taxes and regulatory compliance.

When need an ACP – Attorney for Customs Procedure

If you (non-resident shipper) can’t find an anyone/entity in Japan that can be the IOR, you’ll need to act as a Non-Resident Importer, but in this case you must appoint an Attorney for Customs Procedure.

We’re a reliable ACP service provider for Amazon FBA’s seller

In recent, we’ve been supporting many import projects of goods related to the Amazon-FBA program. If you are looking for a reliable ACP service provider, please let us know.