What is ACP? – Attorney for Customs Procedure
In principle, Japan Customs does not permit a foreign entity to act as the Importer of Record (*IOR).
But the foreign entity can act as a non-resident importer (IOR – Importer of Record) if you appoint an ACP (Attorney for Customs Procedure) who can handle the customs procedure on your behalf.
We, ACP japan provide this service as being ACP. On behalf of non-resident clients, we support by ensuring the import customs procedure.
We support many import projects including E-commerce such as Amazon’s FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) program and Rakuten for the international sellers.
Our ACP service (basic service line-up)
ACP Japan’s strength is that we, qualified customs specialists, also have been experienced many ACP projects including Amazon FBA, for sure we can support as ACP on behalf of your importing goods to Japan. The examples of the ACP services, but not limited :
- The preparation works for ACP Application to a certain Japan Customs Office
- Facilitate consultation with Japan Customs Office to obtain the ACP approval
- Communication with stakeholders such as Logistics provider and Customs Office on behalf of a non-resident client, to ensure the goods can be safely importing.
- Prepare the documentations for the calculation of Customs Value (Customs Valuation Formula), in accordance with an appropriate compliance under the Japan Tariff Customs Law.
- Documents keeping, required under the article 95 – Japan Customs Law
How we proceed the works
Step.1) Please send us information through the contact form, regarding:
- The website (URL link) or catalogue of the exact goods planning to import to Japan.
- Approximate volume, varieties, and shipping frequency of the goods to import to Japan.
Step.2) ACP Japan to submit quotation and scope of works, for a specific client.
Step.3) Once the client agrees with the quotation, we’ll proceed signing of a service agreement between us.
Step.4) Then, we’ll start preparation of documentation regarding ACP application. The documents we need to prepare are, for instance, power of attorney, a certificate of company registry, the calculation formula of the customs valuation.
Step.5) Once set of documentations prepared, we will start communication with Japan Customs Office to obtain an approval of ACP.
- Professional of Customs and International Trade – The CEO, as a Certified Customs Specialist in Japan – Mr. Sawada has been providing consulting services in the Trade & Customs area for many years. He was in a management position at KPMG, then started with his own company – SK Advisory to continue the customs-related services to the international clients.
- Fully compliance in accordance with Japanese Customs Law – Maintaining the service quality with full compliance with Japanese Customs Law. ACP Japan is capable to manage all the necessary import compliance issues, including the classification of HS code, and setting of the appropriate Customs Valuation of the import goods to Japan.
- Experienced and credible partner – As ACP Japan has been providing ACP services to many clients as demand has increased, you can totally rely on us as a credible partner. We registers 40+ ACP customers every year, the customers from around the world. In this way, all customers successfully became non-resident IOR – Importer of Record in Japan. You can see a list of our customers in here “Experiences”.
- Qualified ACP service provider in Amazon SPN (Service Provider Network) – ACP Japan has officially become a qualified ACP service provider in Amazon’s Service Provider Network (SPN) under the Compliance category.
Our Tax Representative service (optional)
We, ACP Japan provide one-stop services by supporting as ACP and Tax Representative for Japanese Consumption Tax (JCT) issues. We provide following services by collaborating with a Tax Accountant to ensure the all the service to be served in accordance with Tax Laws.
- Support notification to become a taxable company for Japan Consumption Tax.
- Support notification of tax representative appointment.
- Support preparation/submission of the JCT return.
- Communication with stakeholders including National Tax Office.
- Cash handling support (e.g. Payment of the JCT to National Tax Office)